HOUSE OF FAITH PARTNER
The greater good is always larger than the individual. When we combine forces and work together we will achieve great things. Collaboration is the central purpose for CRN.
Our goal is to work with our house of faith partners in support of Central Florida’s system of response to homelessness. Working alongside organizations like the Commission on Homelessness and Homeless Services Network, the faith community can play a vital role in the region’s mission to make homelessness rare, brief and one-time.
Our first step is to work with our faith partners to understand how the network can help support each house of faith’s ministries and goals in support of families either at-risk or experiencing homelessness. We understand that time and resources are limited, and therefore we work with our faith partners to determine how the network can facilitate smarter rather than harder work, employing effective collaboration, so more families are served.
The next step is to work with our faith partners to identify and catalogue the resources and provisions embedded in our congregations. These congregational offerings, once inventoried, are entered into a dynamic database. The technology platforms allows for the capture of details of all participating faith partners and providers/agencies, together with the accumulated collection of services and goods provided through the combined houses of faith and their congregations, e.g. transportation support, assistance with utility payments, food pantries, and much more, including details of congregants willing to donate free professional service support such as auto repair/maintenance, plumbing, legal advice, credit advice, etc.
In addition to providing tangible resources, our network team will train volunteers in the faith community to walk alongside families who experience homelessness, establishing positive relationships and building social capital that empowers the families to transformative change and self-sufficiency. We encourage each house of faith partner to identify volunteers within its congregation, so that the families we serve can be connected into the community through the volunteer’s house of faith.
- Expand your effectiveness in helping homeless families become self-sufficient.
- Link with other houses of faith to leverage your collective strengths to meet the holistic needs of families you work with.
- Find what you need, offer what you have; access to a tool that expedites matching families to the resources they need.
- See where families are being helped to ensure we don’t under serve some and over serve others.
- Free training in multiple areas for all houses of faith who join the network.
- See the impact your house of faith is making as you walk alongside families, with the collaboration of the faith community.
- Join a family of faith organizations who are trying to make a greater impact together, than we can apart.
Community Resource Network is committed to ending homelessness, improving the quality of life for those who have experienced homelessness and poverty, and creating a better community for all.
Join the congregations and faith organizations already working with us; we need your partnership to achieve this vision.
If you would like to get involved, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will contact you.